We’ve all been there. You just spent a mini fortune on a less-than-desirable hotel that promised the world but failed to meet expectations. The hotel room felt cramped. There weren’t enough on-site amenities to go around. The beach was packed to the brim with tourists. And, in reality, you felt more like a number rather than an actual real-life guest with needs, desires, and pre-vacation assumptions. Thankfully, an alternative exists in the form of a unique, well-managed vacation rental.
Vacation Rental vs. Hotel: Game. Set. Match.
Eons of time and effort go into staging, managing, enhancing, maintaining, and cleaning a vacation rental. It’s genuinely an honor and a privilege to welcome each slew of new, eager guests into our homes, day after day, week after week, and month after month. Here at Shore Details, you’re treated like family, not a number. We go above and beyond in every facet of the lodging experience. In hopes of providing a little extra insight into the many benefits of a vacation rental vs. a hotel room, we’ve compiled 15 reasons to reconsider your vacation habits this winter. Enjoy!
- Get more bang for your buck. There’s no denying the allure of extra square footage. And vacation rentals are also cost-effective!
- Use that fully-equipped kitchen to your advantage. Save money on expensive dinners and spur-of-the-moment lunches. Plus, cooking is more fun anyway! Or, ahem, enlist the help of a local private chef.
- Vacation rentals are much safer during the times of COVID-19, especially in terms of social distancing and enhanced safety measures.
- Each vacation rental is personalized, ranging from the unit’s distinct theme to local artworks and unique furnishings.
- Rent something that feels like home, not a jail cell (only half kidding). Relish all of the comforts of home during your getaway, such as spacious bathrooms, modern technology, and security.
- While hotels flaunt stale continental breakfast and not-so-speedy Wi-Fi, many vacation rentals come equipped with a bevy of tangible amenities, including bicycles, beach gear, board games, and personalized services.
- Revel in all of that private acreage. Many vacation rentals feature yards to go along with specious parking lots and private beach access.
- There’s no need to buy multiple hotel rooms or split up a group because there’s bound to be a vacation that fits the whole gang!
- No more missing breakfast or worrying about pesky housekeepers rapping on your door in the morning. Sleep in—it’s a vacation after all!
- Property management agencies, such as Shore Details, offer personalized customer service that hotels simply cannot match. We go above and beyond for each renter and rentee as our sparkling reputation is on the line. Because it’s our job to make the owner AND the renter happy, we don’t miss a single detail.
- While on-site laundry may seem like a rather unsexy benefit to some, many groups and large families depend on it, especially when vacationing for weeks at a time.
- Yes, we just touched on personalized customer service. But it’s worth reiterating that each stay includes a concierge who knows the home just as well as the area itself. They’re always standing by, whether you need more towels, dinner recommendations, or help to book a tour.
- Let’s be honest, 99 percent of hotels simply cannot match those spacious family rooms, often equipped with extra-large televisions, fireplaces, ultra-comfortable couches, and walk-out decks.
- It’s hard to put a monetary value on privacy. But it sure feels nice to have nearly a dozen private spaces, such as decks, balconies, pool areas, garages, and beach trails.
- Who doesn’t love variety? Getting to sift through dozens upon dozens of vacation rentals is mildly enthralling, especially when you stumble upon one that meets ALL of your needs, such as location, size, and look. It’s kind of like house hunting!
Hatteras Island Rentals: Welcome to the Outer Banks
As a reminder: The vacation rental pros at Shore Details are readily available to walk you through the booking process, including selecting an exemplary oceanside home in North Carolina’s heavenly Outer Banks. We boast a fleet of Hatteras Island vacation rentals in Avon, Buxton, Frisco, and beyond, many of which are pet-friendly! It comes with great pleasure to announce an entirely new batch of 2021 rentals, ranging from some Sea Smoke to an idyllic Buxton channel house. The Outer Banks is the number one destination that “Americans are dreaming about” right now, so please inquire about a potential getaway at your earliest convenience. Get a quote online or call us directly at 252-357-7121.