2020 has been a whirlwind of a year (for so many reasons). The travel industry has been affected in various ways, including natural disasters, 11th-hour travel bans, and state-by-state lockdowns. Last-minute bookings (and cancellations) have become the norm for many travelers, mainly families looking for a much-needed getaway to a remote, faraway locale. And it doesn’t get much more remote than North Carolina’s Outer Banks, home to heavenly Hatteras Island. Naturally, this paradisical island remains one of the most alluring beach destinations on the East Coast, thanks in large part to its quiet beaches, idyllic temperatures, and jaw-dropping Outer Banks rentals, most of which tower above the sand near the Atlantic Ocean’s edge.
But, sometimes, life throws us curveballs. Thus, it’s critical to purchase travel insurance and find a rental agency that offers a flexible cancellation policy. Say hello to Shore Details, home to the crowd-pleasing “Master Cancel” plan. Canceling a vacation has never been so undeniably painless!
The Master Cancel Plan
Time spent away from home with the kids has never been more critical, but that doesn’t mean that things cannot change on a dime. Through the brand new Master Cancel plan, Shore Details’ prospective guests can cancel an upcoming stay and receive a full refund, as long as it’s executed within 48 hours of the arrival time. It’s the most flexible cancellation policy in the vacation rental industry. So, travelers can finally book with confidence, even amid a pandemic! We enacted this plan to provide a 100 percent stress-free experience, primarily because we know how fluid things are in 2020, including state-by-state guidelines, remote work modifications, and, of course, weather patterns.
Book one of our top-rated Outer Banks rentals with ease this fall or winter and revel in the newfound peace of mind that comes with the Master Cancel plan. Please read the guidelines below to gain a better understanding of our cancellation policies.
- The Tenant shall have 72 hours to return the signed Rental Agreement to avoid cancellation. If not received within 72 hours, the Agent shall have the right to cancel the reservation. Once confirmed, should the reservation be canceled by the Tenant, the following will apply:
- Should the reservation be canceled from the time of booking confirmation through 61 days before the scheduled arrival date, the guest will receive a full refund minus a $300 cancellation fee and travel insurance premium. The refund will be processed on the original departure date and be applied to the original payment method. Should the booking be rebooked within 12 months of the original arrival date, the $300 fee will be waived.
- Should the reservation be canceled within 60 to two days before the scheduled arrival date, Shore Details will offer a full refund, no questions asked! The refund will be processed within 10 days of the cancellation date and applied to the original payment method.
- Should the reservation be canceled less than two days prior to the scheduled arrival date, no refund will be issued.
- We continue to recommend and offer all guests the opportunity to purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance will protect you against interruptions to your vacation, including health and weather interruptions.
- Half rent, all fees, and other considerations, including travel insurance, are due and payable at the time of booking. The second payment consisting of half rent will be due 45 days prior to the arrival date. If applicable, the pet fee and pool heat fee will be included in the final payment. We utilize automated payments, meaning second payments (and all payments after initial) will automatically post to the credit card on file. Guests will receive email reminders of upcoming charge(s) before the posting date. A two percent credit card convenience fee will be added to your reservation at the time of booking. Please call our office at 252-357-7121 regarding alternate payment options.
Find Your Oceanfront Paradise: The Best Outer Banks Rentals
Shore Details’ growing fleet of Outer Banks rentals continues to impress beach-starved families looking for their own secluded slice of sandy North Carolina paradise. We manage properties in nearly every beach town in the Outer Banks, including Hatteras, Avon, and Rodanthe. Most of these luxurious, charming homes rest along the ocean’s edge on a private beach. We’re also proud to be one of the only pet-friendly rental companies in the region. It wouldn’t be a memorable family escape without your favorite four-legged friends! Whether you’re planning a small-scale family reunion, long-awaited vacation with the kiddos, or a romantic getaway, you’ll undoubtedly find a seaside Outer Banks rental that suits your style and budget. Please check availability online at your earliest convenience (or call us directly at 252-357-7121).